Since the launch is announced, I have notified you about POCOPHONE F1. This device is from Xiaomi’s newest brand POCO is Cheapest Smartphone featuring Snapdragon 845 (SDM845) processor.
Being priced from INR 20,999 (~$ 300), this is extremely low for any of the SDM845 Smartphone device. Let’s have a quick look at its specifications once more time.
|Brand / Model||POCO / POCO F1|
|Screen||1080 x 2246 pixel/ 5.99 ” with Notch / 19:9 Aspect Ratio|
|Rear Camera||12 MP + 5 MP|
|Front Camera||20 MP|
|Other Features||Fingerprint Scanner (rear mounted), Infrared Scanner (for Face Unlock),|
|RAM/Storage||6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB, 8GB/256GB with Expandable Storage|
|Operating System||MIUI 9 based on Android 8.1|
|SIM||Dual Nano SIM with Hybrid Slot|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth v 5.0 / Wi-Fi 802.11, a/b/g/n/n 5GHz / Dual 4G / USB Type C|
The Goods (Pros of POCO F1)
- Processor – Latest Flagship Processor from QualComm, Snapdragon 845 paired with 6GB and 8GB RAM.
- Expandable Storage upto 256GB.
- Excellent Battery Backup. 4000 mAh battery with optimized OS. Can Last 24 hours of power use easily.
- Quick Charge – Phone can be charged fully within 1 hour 50 minutes from zero to hundred.
- Dual SIM with Dual 4G (VoLTE) Support. (Can use two Jio SIM simultaneously).
- Unibody Plastic body for better durability. Glass body can get scratch and are prone to breakage.
- Decent Camera Quality.
- Operating System – with custom version of MIUI with app drawer, this is the best version of MIUI.
- Infrared sensor for Face Unlock. Works in Dark Night as well.
- Gesture support and provision to hide virtual buttons for navigation.
Now the bad things in POCO F1 after using this phone for three days. Will be updated if I find these things improved or get more worst.
The Bad (Cons of POCO F1)
- Display – However some technical persons are sharing that Display is protected with Gorilla Glass, it seems doubtful. On the first day of use, I get a permanent scratch on middle of display without any drop or key. Just to make clear, I have put two phones on the same pocket of pant and travelling on the Metro. No Keys or coins are in the pocket but display is permanently scratched which is very disappointing.
- Plastic Back Cover provided with phone is useless. Instead, they should have provided a screen protector. The transparent back cover is very sticky in nature and very loose in fitting. If you try to just catch with back cover, phone will fell from cover. It is just to provide a look and no protection can be expected from back cover given in the box.
- Notification – Notification in POCO F1 are very difficult to check. I expect, either is some way to get those or in near future, MIUI update may fix this. I have been using Moto phone and a Xiaomi Redmi phone before this but those both have option to display notification icons in status bar. This phone bearing notch, does not display notification icons in the status bar and you have to swipe down or pull down notification area to see about what you missed.
- No Waterproof or even Splash Proof. No IP Certification is provided with this phone.
- No IR Blaster as we got habitat in most of Xiaomi phones. This phone can’t be used as Remote Control for traditional devices.
Despite being a very good phone in terms of performance and build quality. But lacking some of basic features like Display Protection is not expected and is disappointing in my point of view.