During COVID-19 lockdown, we all are mostly using video conferencing applications more than ever before. This is helping us to stay connected with our Friends, Family but most important we are using this Application for students for online classes and also for Employees for meeting with their organization.
Mostly students and employees are often required to record the classes and meetings for the future reference. Now application like Zoom App and Google Meet come with the record video functionality.
How to record using Zoom App?
Zoom App allows video call recording for both free and paid subscribers. Now we will see how to record call in case of Host and paid subscribers, local Recording, participants and more.
Zoom App meeting recording in case of Host
If you are a host of a Zoom call, you can start recording by clicking on the record button on the toolbar at the bottom of the call window.
Zoom App meeting recording in case of Paid Subscriber
In case if you are a Paid subscriber you will see an option to pick between local and cloud recording when you click on the recording option.
Zoom app meeting Local Recording
In Local recordings files will be converted to MP4 files and saved to your computer when the meeting ends.
Zoom app recording For Participants
If you are a participant, then you need the host’s permission to record the video call.
The host needs to follow below process to grant permission.
- Go to ‘Manage Participants’
- Select a participant
- Click on ‘More’
- Click on ‘Allow Record’
How to record video calls on Google Meet?
Previously Google has opened free access to recording Google Meet video calls until September 30, that we can join Meet with a Gmail account. After this period, the recording is available to only customers of G Suite Enterprise accounts. Google has provided the following steps to record Google Meet.
- Once we are in Meeting, we must Click the icon with three vertical dots in the lower right-hand side of our screen.
- A menu will appear, and on the top of it, here we see a “Record meeting” option.
- Click that to start recording. The meeting organizer or anyone in the same organization as the host can record a meeting,
- To stop recording, click the three vertical dots again and click the “Stop recording” menu option at the top of the list.
- Recordings will be saved to the meeting organizer’s Google Drive in a folder called “Meet Recordings.”
- Then organizer will also receive an email with a link to the recording. If we are not the meeting organizer but activated a recording, then we will be emailed a link to the recording. A link to the recording will also be added to the calendar invite.
- The host of the Google Meet video call will also get the recording link along with the person who started the recording.
- Also, Google Meet informs the participants in a meeting when someone starts to record.
By following above methods, you can record your Meetings in respective applications. Let us know in case there is any of above method doesn’t work. Do not forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel.