Reliance Jio has finally launched JioMeet app in India. The JioMeet app is available on both Google Play store and Apple App store. According to the company this supports HD audio and video call quality with upto 100 people.
Like Zoom and Google Meet, this offers unlimited number of free calls. But interestingly, it appears to not impose a short time limit on a call’s duration. Now Jio Platforms says a free call can be uninterrupted for “up to 24 hours” long.
Features of JioMeet App:
- This can host up to 100 participants simultaneously for both one-on-one meetings and group video conferencing calls.
- It is easy to sign in to JioMeet to start a meeting. You just need to enter your mobile number, your name, and your email ID.
- You will attend a meeting without signing in. You need to create an account and sign in to start a meeting.
- Same as Zoom, this lets you schedule a meeting with the participants and share the meeting code in advance.
- A meeting will continue with no interruption for 24 hours.
- Each and every meeting hosted will be protected by a password.
- It also has an option for Screen Sharing.
How to download JioMeet?
- Go to Google Play Store or App Store
- Search for the JioMeet App
- Click and install the JioMeet App
How to start JioMeet call?
To start a meeting, you need to sign up with your name and phone number, and then enter OTP.
- click on New Meeting option on the home screen.
- Select whether you want to keep Video on or off and generate a personal meeting ID.
- Click on Start Meeting
- Invite participants by clicking on participant option and then on invite.
- You can choose to mute or unmute participants when they join.
- You can send Meeting ID link via various platforms including messages, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.
How to join a JioMeet call?
To join a JioMeet meeting on the mobile App or on website,
- Click on the Join option on the home screen.
- Enter the Meeting ID provided by the host.
- This provides an option to disable audio and video before joining the meeting.
- Finally, this allows you to join a video conference even if you don’t have an account with JioMeet.
Today as tens of millions of people in India are working from home and using video conferencing services for work and to stay in touch with friends this app will be very useful.
With JioMeet, Reliance Jio is undoubtedly aiming to take on the likes of other video calling platforms such as Zoom, Google Meet, Skype, Microsoft Teams, among others.