Some of us are here to earn some money, some are studying and some people are used to India and started their own business. We need to send money to Nepal for our relatives (home) or for friends, This is a normal procedure and task.
You just need to have some of the documents. Documents required for opening an account are as below:
- Passport or VISA Issued by Nepal Government.
- Citizenship card issued by Any District of Nepal
- Proof of Address (In India).
- Passport Size Photographs.
Details of the documents.
- Citizenship Card: Below is attached a sample Citizen ship card.
- Proof of Address: You need to submit a valid address proof while asked by Bank. Such, Address proof includes, Rent Aggrement between your House Owner and you. Telephone or Electricity Bill in your name, Employment Letter issued by a Valid Company, and other documents as per Satisfaction to Officer who is responsible for opening an Account.
- Photographs: 3-4 Passport size Photographs taken in recent time.
- VISA or Passport: If you have VISA or PASSPORT issued by Nepal Government, you need not to have Citizenship card.
Steps to open an account.
Just go to Nearest Branch of Any Bank. Fill the Form and submit your documents as mentioned above. Deposit minimum amount for your account as per instruction of officer.
If you do not have Passport or VISA.
You need to attest your Citizenship card in case you do not have Any International ID Card (VISA or PASSPORT). Citizenship card is taken as National ID Proof.
Steps to Attest your Citizenship Card.
If you are going through Metro,Nearest Metro is Mandi House Metro. Office is closed on Saturday and Sunday. Go and write an Application for attesting your Citizenship.
Sample of Application
Write application in above format and submit with your Original Citizenship card, Photocopy of Citizenship card and submit. Once you submitted the document and application, It will be attested and notified to you within 30 minutes (may take longer).
You need to pay INR 125.00 and they will give you a Letter on Letter Head of Embassy of Nepal with their stamp.
A Sample is attached below.
Nepal Embassy, New Delhi,
Subject: Verification of Citizenship Card
I am, …………………….., resident of Nepal having permanent address of, …………… village, ………….. VDC, ward No. ……… , District ………………………., Zone …………………
I am working/studing in India and need to open an Bank Account. You are requested to kindly attest and issue an ID proof. My Original Citizenship card is attached herewith.
……………………… (Local Address)
Now, you just need to go to bank, Submit your Letter from Embassy, photocopy of Citizenship, Address Proof and photographs.
Congratulations, if you followed these steps, you will surely get an Account opened with your ID Proofs from your own Nation. Don’t support fake agents that promise to make you Voter ID Card, Rasan Card or any other Indian Identity Proof.
This is illegal. Hope we are able to guide you through the procedure of opening bank account in India for Nepali.
[Note: Due to updates regulations & guidelines, Aadhaar linking is mandatory. We have been in talks with RBI, UIDAI, and other regularities and waiting for their feedback.]