Once again, we are back with Windows 10. If you are already using Windows 10, you have seen a setting called Tablet. When you click on Action Center, you see a Icon of Tablet which is of toggle type.
How to Enable?
Click on Action Center (Notification Icon in Task Bar and Click on Tablet Mode button.
Or, you can go to Option using Settings menu.
Step 1: Click on Start Menu and Click on Settings
Step 2: Click on System.
Step 3: Click on Tablet mode option
Step 4: Click on Toggle switch just below the line “Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet”.
What will be changed?
- Your desktop will not be there as usual, No icons.
- Taskbar will be minimal and open applications are also not listed in taskbar.
- Show hidden Icon for Notification tray icon is not visible.
- A back button will be added to Taskbar, which will lead you to back.
- Application will not have Close, Minimise button and you can not resize apps. Some similar like Metro Apps when introduced in Windows 8 Developer Preview in 2011.
- Cortana will be more nice looking with just and Menu will be in Full Screen.
- Task View is available but it will not allow you to add another desktop. Instead it will list all opened App just like in Mobile or Tablet.
- Windows 10 Start Menu which is recently awarded for best design is not available in Tablet mode.
- For Desktop Apps like Explorer and other apps you need to explore through Menu > All Items.
Lets have look at some of Screens captured in Tablet mode.
Thanks for reading. We will be back with next article on Windows 10 soon.