Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19619 from 20H2 flight to Fast Ring insiders. This update brings some important updates to Your Phone app and minor changes in Windows 10 Start menu which will now show information related to COVID-19.
What’s new in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19619?
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19619 from 20H2 or Active Development Branch contains following new features.
COVID-19 information in Start Menu search
Coronavirus related information & news is now integrated in Windows 10 start menu search. This is feature borrowed from MSN and is available in 33 different markets. You can choose to display updated news or View Interactive Map or turn off simply by clicking (close) X button.
Control your Phone Music & Audio from Windows 10
Starting with App (YP version 1.20041.85 and YPC 1.20041.82.* or newer) which will be rolling soon, you can now take control of media playing in paired phone. You can play/pause, select previous & next track on supported apps.
Apps that support media controls in their Android notifications. Some examples of popular apps that are supported include
- Amazon Music
- Google Play Music
- YouTube Music
- Xiaomi Music
- Google Podcast
This feature is available for everyone who is using Windows 10 October 2018 update or later and have phone with Android 7.0 or higher.
There are some known issues with this feature and if you find any bug, you may report using Feedback option.
What is fixed in Build 19619?
Earlier error when Sync button under Settings > Time & Language > Time fails due to network connectivity is not being shown, now the error now tells you that’s the issue.
Japanese IME error, random character when selecting currency settings, PC Frequent Freezing issue due to DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION and some other important fixes.
Known issues with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19619
- Narrator & NVDA issue are not fixed as reported in earlier Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19613.
- Windows Update taking longer than more at the time of installation of new builds.
- Issue where the Documents and Downloads sections under Privacy show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- Battery Level not showing correct in lockscreen.
- IIS settings restored to default
- Quickly switching between WSL distros using the File Explorer integration could cause a transient access error. We’ve identified the cause of this issue and are releasing a fix soon.
WARNING: As we have earlier told you, Windows 10 Insider Builds are beta version of upcoming operating system which are not released and meant for general public. Please do not install these builds in your main system to avoid any possible data crash. Click link to read all posts tagged to Insider Preview Build.