Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19624 in the Fast ring. This build is from active development branch of Windows (20H2) which will release later this year. 20H1 build or Windows 10 May 2020 update is ready and will be releasing this month.
What is New in Windows Insider 10 Build 19624?
There is no major new feature on Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19624. But it has come with list of improvements & bugfixes to previous builds.
Windows Insider 10 Build 19624 General changes and improvements
- Earlier we were using turning off the new search box in the default apps setting pages. Now, Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19624 is working on improving performance and reliability.
- Updated VPN connection logic based on feedback, so that if we disconnect from a VPN Network, it will uncheck the option to auto-connect.
- Updated the text of the Add a device dialog so the list of examples under Bluetooth includes controllers.
- Updated the Optional Updates Available section that appears in Windows update setting, so that we will be able to copy the text incase if we need it.
Windows Insider 10 Build 19624 Fixes
- It has fixed an issue that was causing unexpected flickering across Windows shell surfaces and apps in the last two builds.
- It has fixed an issue causing IIS configuration to be set to default after taking a new build.
- It has fixed an issue resulting in Settings and the taskbar volume fly out crashing recently when selecting certain endpoints from the audio endpoint list.
- It has also fixed a race condition that could result in VPN not auto-connecting after Upgrade.
- It has fixed an issue where the battery icon on the lock screen always shows close to empty, regardless of actual battery levels.
- It has Fixed an issue resulting in certain Bluetooth mice being very slow to reconnect to your device after it’d been asleep.
- It has fixed an issue resulting in Windows Update failing with error code 0x800700b7.
- There are many more Fixes
Known issues in Windows 10 Build 19624
- Issues with Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- It is looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- It is looking into an issue where some may devices fail to update to this build with error code 0xc0000409.
- It is working on fixing an issue for a future Insider Preview Build.
- where in Settings > Privacy the Documents and Downloads sections show a broken icon next to their page name.
WARNING: As we have earlier told you, Windows 10 Insider Builds are beta version of upcoming operating system which are not released and meant for general public. Please do not install these builds in your main system to avoid any possible data crash. Click link to read all posts tagged to Insider Preview Build.