Microsoft’s upcoming update for Windows 10 May 2020 update or Windows 10 version 2004 is ready. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041 is the Windows 10 May 2020 update and has been released multiple times in slow ring with many bug fixes.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19608 is released from 20H2 channel yesterday with many bug fixes and improvement on Your Phone app.
Windows 10 May 2020 Update – Build 19041.207
Build 19041.207 (KB4550936) includes all of the 20H1 features in addition to the quality improvements and security update.
- This build is cumulative and includes all the fixes released to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring in Build 19041.21 through Build 19041.173.
- We fixed an issue that causes the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service (rpcss.exe) to close unexpectedly and the device stops working. Then you must restart the device.
- We fixed an issue that causes the Device Enrollment Status Page (ESP) on managed devices to stop responding if a policy that requires a restart is installed on the device.
- We fixed an issue that might prevent the rear camera flash from functioning as expected on devices that have a rear camera.
- It also includes the latest security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Management, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Virtualization, Windows Core Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Windows 10 May 2020 update is currently releasing for Windows Insiders in Slow Ring or Release Preview channel.
Also, there is some issue with Mixed Reality and Microsoft suggested customer using Mixed Reality to skip this build. Here is the exact statement from Windows Experience Blog.
Windows Mixed Reality may not work correctly for many users on the May 2020 Update. If you regularly use Windows Mixed Reality, we recommend holding off taking the May 2020 Update via Release Preview for now. We are working on a fix which we hope to release in early May.Windows Experience Blog
To get Windows 10 version 2004 or Build 19041.207 now, you have to join Windows Insider Program. This can be done following simple steps from Windows Update settings page.
This is most stablished build of Windows and will be released next month for general consumer. Follow the complete post about new features and fixes.